The Old School Room, Uffington

The Old School Room was founded in 1617 by a wealthy local merchant. It is referenced in ‘Tom Brown’s Schooldays’ written by Thomas Hughes, who was born in Uffington in 1822. The Old School Room is now the village museum. We have specified structural repairs to the chalkstone ashlar blocks and to the rubblestone plinth.
Architect: Andrew Townsend Architects
Contractor: Jan Kerr Stone Repair & Conservation